Challenge of Day

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Microsoft Office Communications Server Requires Digital Certificate!

Hello,
I tried to install the evaluation version of Office Communications Server Standard Edition to see how it works. Beside the hard time I had to install this software, To my eyes it is funny that this software does not work because it requires you to install a digital certificate otherwise it does not work.
I am not an expert guy but a digital certificate is a means for providing security. If you are going to evaluate a software, probably security is not your first check point. Why OCS does not notice that?

I have posted a message on the MSDN forums regarding this. You can review the thread at:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserversdk/threads/#page:1


Be a winner in your daily challenges.

Ali Khademi

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM , Blogger Tee Chess said...

I am quite surprised to know that the software is not working because of digital certificate. Its strange that software is not working because it requires you to install a digital certificate. My friend is also working on this version and has recently installed it but didn't faced any such problem. I will refer this article to him.
digital certificates

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home